Due to a predicted rise in interest rates later this year, now may be the right time to sell your property.
With our local knowledge of East Molesey, comprenhensive marketing and industry experience you can rest assured that we will not only be able to acheive the best price possible for your home. But our experience will allow us to recommend the right buyer to fit in with your time scales and avoid any complications during the sale process.
Please feel free to request a no obligation FREE valuation of your home. Below are some tips on getting your home prepared for marketing:
- First Impressions Count – make sure your property has great curb appeal, Mow lawns, tidy the garden, paint the fence. Some of the simplest jobs can make the biggest difference.
- Emphasise Space – ensure the property is clutter free, clear surface including floors and table tops. Close cupboard doors and putaway personal effects.
- Maximise Light – Open curtains, blinds and adjoining doors. Even the most experienced house hunters can be afraid of the dark.
- Odours Matter – prior to viewings, open the windows to air the property. Take pets out during the viewing, some of our clients even go as far as baking fresh bread or brewing coffee just before a viewing. It might sound silly but if your house looks and smells good it it going to impress your potential buyer.
- Minimise buyer worries – Have you ever viewed a property and noticed a hair line crack in the ceiling? or a loose floor board? Buyers notice these things and whilst the extra skeptical may suspect structural issues, many buyers will use this to negotiate on your asking price so take the time to re-paint and carry out minor repairs before marketing.
- Security – We accompany all of our viewings but for your own peace of mind lock away valuables during viewings.
- Viewings – be as flexible as possible, and make us aware if there are any times to avoid. We can even block viewings together as busy viewing times create a sense of urgency among potential buyers further increasing the chance of getting the best price possible.
- Leave it to us – we are the experts at dealing with potential buyer, avoid showing buyers around yourself. Many house hunters prefer to view without the owner being present. Please dont take it personally! This will also help to gain honest and more detailed feedback furing the viewing.
- Dont forget: Tips 1-5 will help us to take the best photos of your property which will help you stand out against other properties that are already on the market.
If you are currently on the market without success or are considering selling or letting your property, please call us on 0208 396 6717 for an informal to discuss how Newton Huxley can help.